Inka came to us after she unfortunately eaten a whole Christmas cake, luckily for Inka her owner realised what had happened and quickly got her to the surgery.

Christmas cakes and mince pies are very toxic to dogs. If you think your dog has eaten either fruit cake or mince pies it is important to seek veterinary advice immediately.

We induced vomiting in Inka and collected blood, then Inka was placed on intravenous fluids overnight, by the morning she had made a good recovery. A week later Inka came back to us for more bloods which revealed no harm had been done to her kidneys.

Please be careful when leaving these treats about or It could be a very expensive Christmas for you.